Ok, so even though I blogged about this topic before in a way, I felt the need to chat about it again with some differences.
Hirsutism is embarrassing for many women. The more severe it is, the more it bothers you. We know this much!
You can typically tell when you have it severely if your hairs are more dark than light and if those hairs are thicker than the rest of your body hair and if it grows abnormally in areas it is not supposed to.
So back to the topic at hand……so you meet someone you actually LIKE for once! I mean, the interest is mutual, the conversation is great, the ideals are mutual, the desires are mutual, and everything is actually falling into place with your growing friendship for once!
Then, you get home, wash your cake-layers of makeup off and realize that ingrown on your lip!! OMG! Was it there the whole damn date!!! Was he looking at you or your third eye the whole night!!!
Well, all is not lost. Don’t prepare to get put on the “Never call her or her third eye” list just yet!
It’s very likely he didn’t pay much mind to your third eye ingrown. I mean, if you are as great as he assumed (and yes, you are!) then he probably didn’t even notice it.
And in not noticing it, he didn’t think about it, or your mild 5’o clock shadow that you strategically covered up with pounds of Cover Girl foundation.
So if you make it successfully past date one or two, I would not even mention your hirsutism. As a matter of fact, let him mention or let it become one of those odd ball topics for future dates.
Or this is something I did recently to kinda call out my hirsutism with a guy I liked:
On a recent really, really nice date, he was talking about himself, in a moderate way, and made mention that he cannot grow alot of facial hair. He pointed at what sections have always been bald and what areas grew alot.
I went into a little detail about facial hair stating how my children’s dad grew facial hair abnormally too, and I even pointed to the regions on my face to show him what I was talking about….of course over a couple of layers of foundation!
Must not have been that big of a deal because we still chat to this day and facial hair has not come up at all! 🙂
So here are some tips to follow when to break your hirsutism down to a guy you actually like:
- First of all, you got to like him and you need to KNOW he feels the same. Don’t talk too much about your personal life if he’s wishy-washy about any future with you, even just as friends. If he comes off as a dickhead, excuse yourself to the bathroom and never return!!!
- Get a good feel for the guy. Is he a liberal spirit? Happy go lucky type? Quiet and reserved? Introverted? Pessimistic? The more open he is about topics, the more open he may be about a health condition you cannot control.
- Make it a joke! Create a topic you and him can laugh light-heartedly about!
- Talk about laser hair removal. It’s so popular, who hasn’t heard about it! Tell him in that way so he knows you are aware of your condition and would like to manage it. Hell, he may even believe you don’t need! 🙂
- Don’t take his goofy comments to heart like “Your mustache is cute!” If he is truly a winner, he probably was not trying to truly insult you and therefore you should not take it such. He is noticing that “Hey….so you have some flaws! So what! I still fancy ya!”
- Just don’t mention it. If he doesn’t notice or care and he continues to show interest in you, then you shouldn’t put so much thought into it.
Now these tips are not ways to get a guy to like you. These are tips to make discussing your hirsutism with him a little easier. He has to be a decent guy upfront.
If he gives you the slightest inkling of being an asshole, why do you want that in your life anyway?! You are not a punching bag and should not allow yourself to be treated as such. I am sure his ass got plenty more flaws than you will ever have. If he has to be an ass just to get through the day, you should feel sorry for him!
Well, I hope this little chat about your extra fur will make chatting about it a little easier with your boo-thang!
He is truly a keeper, he won’t give a damn!