I have tried it all…the cream…the epilator…the regular shaver….the electrical shaver…
Because I have hirsutism, I have a little more hair everywhere than the average woman, even “down there!”
But I have not braved laser hair removal or electrolysis!
I have found out that the less yo do with your bikini line the better. You are not irritating your skin as much as you do as opposed to shaving “down there” every single day.
The bottom line is maintaining the bikini line, if you choose to, is a vanity chore just like your makeup or anything else. But because you are dealing with such delicate skin, you should take more heed to making sure your skin is well taken cared of.
Here are some steps to take when removal bikini line hair
- First of all, do you want to remove just the bikini line itself, make a letter “i,” or go full Brazilian style? The more hair you are removing should also be dependent on the type of razor you use.
- Make sure you skin is very clean before shaving. Dirt and sweat are a major part of ingrown hairs and try to avoid all that by washing with a good cleaner. A cleanser and moisturizer in one would be great! If not, apply some type of moisturizer immediately after you are out of the tub or shower. Bikini Zone not only keeps that area soft, but it is a medicated cream that stops almost all ingrowns for me. I Love it!
- Make sure your razor is clean. Regardless if it’s one of the cheap plastic razors or an electric razor, make sure the blade(s) are clean. Anything used or rusted should be thoroughly cleaned or even trashed.
Best Hair Removal Methods for the Bikini Line!
- Bikini Wax: If you want to just “clean up” your girl, you can probably get away with a basic razor or even a precision razor. A precision razor is a small razor or trimmer, usually electronic, for small, lightly haired areas. If you want a bikini cut and you have a little more hair than the average, I would recommend an electric wet/dry razor. The one I use is pictured below.
2. For the extended Bikini trim, I would stick to an electronic wet/dry razor. A trimmer simply is not intended for that much hair! Of course, the option of laser hair treatments and electrolysis are still there. I personally use my epilator or shaver detachment on my epilator. While epilating “down there” is not painless, it does a good job and the hair stays gone for a while!
3. For the Brazilian and Hollywood style, definitely an electronic shaver. I would even consider a sugar wax for these areas because it’s removing nearly everything! I love sugar wax because you can wipe it off and clean up WAY better than typical commercial waxes. While sugar waxing does work great (I posted some photos in an earlier post of my DIY sugar wax) it caused a great deal of ingrowns for me. Mainly because I failed to keep the area moisturized enough. I never had laser hair removal down there either (I can imagine it feeling like holy hell) or electrolysis (imagine having all your coochie hair zapped and tweezed out!)
Which ever method you choose to use, please don’t forget to use moisturizer on the area every single day to avoid ingrowns and ingrown scarring. Again, Bikini Zone always worked quite well for me.
Good Luck and happy shaving!